This historic building, home to "The Parish Hall" in the town of Trinity along the Discovery Trail in Newfoundland, Canada was built by William Lockyer between 1898 and 1905. A two storey building topped with a remarkable tower on the front facade, is one of the best preserved buildings in St. John's, Newfoundland.
When the Parish Hall was first completed, it was used as a social centre for the people of Trinity, many events which were run by the church and others which were community gatherings such as dances, movies, concerts and meetings. Today, the Parish Hall is still used by the local residents of Trinity for general meetings for different clubs and organized groups.
The historic building of the Parish Hall and the surrounding buildings date back to the 1800's, all which create the appearance of a town square. Since September, 1999, the Parish Hall was designated as a Registered Heritage Structure in Newfoundland Labrador.... continue below the picture...
The Parish Hall, 1898-1905 (now the Union Lodge founded in May 22, 1982) in the town of Trinity, Bonavista Peninsula, Trinity Bay, Highway 239, Discovery Trail, Newfoundland, Newfoundland Labrador, Canada.