The Cape St. Mary's Lighthouse at the Cape St. Mary's Ecological Reserve was established in 1860 consisting of a brick tower with two attached dwellings. In 1871, the lighthouse was covered in a case of concrete and then in iron in 1885.
Around the 1950's the lighthouse was once again encased in concrete and to this day, it is still operational which flashes every 5 seconds. The light can be seen for 21 nautical miles and one of the buildings which was a lighthouse keeper's home has been refurnished to an Interpretive Centre.
Cape St Mary's Lighthouse at the Cape St Mary's Ecological Reserve, Cape St Mary's, also known as The Cape, Highway 100, The Cape Shore, Placentia Bay, Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland, Newfoundland Labrador, Canada.