The beautiful scenery of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia, Canada surrounds Briar Island where the Grand Passage Lighthouse has watched over these waters since 1901. The first building and square wooden tower was adorned with a red lantern towering 62 feet above the water which could be seen for 8 miles.
The newest Grand Passage Lighthouse was built and lit in 1965 with a square white tower and the added bonus of being attached to a fog signal building. The light stands 56 feet above the water and can be seen for 12 miles and is presently used by the Coast Guard lifeboat crew.
Grand Passage Lighthouse, aka Northern Lighthouse, on Briar Island, Bay of Fundy, Digby Neck and Islands Scenic Drive, Highway 217, Nova Scotia, Canada.