The historic McFarland House, built in the 1800's, is one of the oldest buildings in the Niagara District in the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario with beautiful gardens where herbs and vegetables were, and are still grown. The entire grounds and building have been reconstructed to keep the 1840 Georgian style living about them.
During the War of 1812, this house was headquarters for British Officers, a hospital and a place to store the British and American Artillery troops. In 1959, the McFarland House was restored and the parks board opened it for visitors to view. Tourists to the McFarland House, can sip a warm cup of tea in the pristine tea gardens or a fine glass of wine along with some home baking.
McFarland House, built in 1800, is one of the oldest surviving structures in the Niagara District, Niagara Parkway, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada.